A Checklist of Small Business Marketing Strategies
All businesses need clients. To attract clients, you may need several small business marketing strategies. Determining which strategies might help you the most, can be a daunting task. But take heart! Here is an idea checklist that can get you started!
- Update or create and enact simple but effective marketing plan activities you, or a business planning expert outlines, for your specific business
- Do effective target audience market research.And remember to use it!
Follow your plan and market research and brand your business by it.
- Write a (USP) Unique Selling Proposition and include it in your brand.
- Define your target audience, niches and subniches. Really know your audience.
- Think like your target audience and sound like them in your marketing copy and activities.
Only sell products and services that align with your business purpose and passion. Stay focused!
- Include in your brand professionally printed business cards and marketing materials that align with your business mission/goals.
- Focus your intention and attention on genuinely helping customers have a happier/better life.
- Before you write website copy, do keyword research. Use the words less competed to get better results for website traffic.
- Make sure your website copy is SEO formatted.
- For your networking activities, keep your elevator speech simple and market focused.
- Introduce yourself to several local small business owners. They may be your target audience. You must be very familiar with how you can help your target audience!
- Seriously consider doing a joint venture with a local small business that compliments your business. You can also do this through professional associations and organizations nationally.
- Conduct a business workshop that helps the business community.
- Build your email list by giving away for free something of perceived value to your target audience.
- Send past fans free digital information products to build your relationship with them. Encourage your fans to share your free products. This builds your email list further, helps you build brand awareness, helps you improve your credibility and develops trustworthy relationships with others.
- Do podcast interviews on the business solution you offer. Share the link with the world!
- Get magnets with advertisement about your business. Stick them on your car doors to advertise your business.
- Regularly share information on social media vehicles like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc., that helps people improve their life quality using your business solution.
- Buy ad space on a relevant websiteand promote your business solution for a specific problem.
- Regularly use social media. Make it simple to inspire others in business to do well.
- Be active in social media by creating your own pages in Facebook, or other social media vehicles. Consider creating a group page for discussion about your expertise on Facebook.
- Get quality Google love any way you can do it including listing your business on Google Places.
- Get quality backlinks on other websites relevant to what you do.
- Regularly write blog posts that are SEO formatted using easy to rank for relevant keywords.
- Make interesting comments as a guest commenter on a blog post.
- Create, record and upload a relevant topic video blog post.
- Create a YouTube channel that specifically addresses content that interests your target market.
- Create, record and upload brief, informative and engaging videosthat interest your target market on YouTube.
- Get your website listed in quality-based, desirable, online directories.
- Create a keyword specific domain name that is easy to rank on Google page one. Consistently use that keyword in your website content.
- Create emails and build your fans through email campaigns that have brief video, audio or share links in them.
- Regularly write emails to your list containing helpful information regarding how that content can solve your target’s specific problems and challenges.
- Start a movement. Encourage those on your email list to join the movement in which you strongly believe.
- Engage with your audience through affiliate programs, contests, coupons, free samples, etc.
- Send survey emails to customers asking how you can better serve them. Give something of perceived value to them in exchange for their taking the time to answer your survey.
- Get active in a charitable endeavor.
- Cross promote your offerings with other businesses that could benefit from your products and services.
- Mentor a networking or business group of “newbies”
- Conduct a teleseminar or webinar.
- Regularly write and publish press releases to talk about what’s new with your business or profession.
- Write a free ebook and give it away.
- Write a book and talk about an experience that helped changed other people’s lives for the good. Promote it through public speaking gigs.
- Hire a marketing company to help you market.
- Consult with an SEO expert who can help improve your website visibility.
- Make choices to keep moving forward!
Want to learn more about no or low cost things you can do to please your market? Please contact me with any questions or comments. We’re here to help you connect with your ideal clients, customers and prospects. I look forward to talking with you! Email me at [email protected]